Licensed Optician, New England Eye/ NECO Center for Eye Care
This position will provide full scope dispensing services to patients at the Roslindale location of New England Eye, now called New England College of Optometry (NECO) Center for Eye Care. This position will assist patients reporting problems related to eyewear, resolving the matter in conjunction with the assigned clinician, and adhering to standard business processes. This position will also ensure that patients receive the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Service optical patients in choosing, fitting, and dispensing of frames and spectacle lenses. Complete order forms for materials, work with lab vendors to ensure timely processing and quality service, and perform edging/finishing work if needed.
- Ensure patient satisfaction with product.
- May assist students in learning and performing optical procedures.
- Ensure and maintains optical and contact lens inventory. Physical inventory completed bi-annually or as needed. Report any lost or damaged goods.
- Work with vendors to resolve any problems, work with patients to resolve any problems, report any issues to Optical Service Director.
- Maintain optical practice management system. Work with administration to ensure integrity of data matches, NECO Center for Eye Care system practice management system.
- Ensure all cash and sales are entered and processed via NECO Center for Eye Care practice management system, Balance sales and cash for end of day and end of month.
- May maintain petty cash.
- Ensure orders are received and invoices are reconciled and processed for payment in a timely way to receive any possible credits from vendors for prompt payment.
- Ensure accurate patient records, following all established policies and procedures.
- May participate in meetings as needed.
- Demonstrate a commitment to maintain effective communication with staff and customers to facilitate and promote effective working relationships and customer service.
- Demonstrate a commitment to maintain work practices that comply with established policy and procedures for NECO Center for Eye Care, formerly New England Eye.
- Demonstrate a commitment to promote a safe environment for patients, visitors and peers.
- Demonstrate a commitment to maintain competencies and participate in those activities that contribute to the on-going development of self and others.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Adhere to existing program/policies and procedures.
- This position may be required to work at our other Optical Services shop in Boston as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Dispensing Optician in Massachusetts.
- Proven track record with customer service, organizational skills, in dispensary setting.
- Computer experience and familiarity with Windows 2000, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Good computer skills (Excel; will train on specialized clinical software program).
- Willing to visit outreach sites regularly.
- Thoughtful, proactive and eager to provide continuous improvement of services to patients.
The College offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply, send cover letter and resume to HRDepartment@neco.edu.
The College is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
For more information about employment, visit Employment Opportunities.