Optician, Part Time - NECO Center for Eye Care
The NECO Center for Eye Care is the affiliated clinical system of the New England College of Optometry. The part-time Optician will provide full scope dispensing services to patients at NECO Center for Eye Care Optical Services at our clinics located at Commonwealth Avenue and/or Roslindale. The optician will assist patients reporting problems related to eyewear, resolving the matter in conjunction with the assigned clinician. The Optician will ensure business processes are followed and adhered to, and ensure the highest level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service optical patients in choosing, fitting, and dispensing of frames and spectacle lenses. Complete order forms for materials, work with lab vendors to ensure timely processing and quality service, and perform edging/finishing work if needed
- Ensure patient satisfaction with product
- May assist students in learning and performing optical procedures
- Ensures and maintains optical and contact lens inventory. Physical inventory completed bi-annually or as needed. Report any lost or damaged goods
- Work with vendors to resolve any problems, work with patients to resolve any problems, report any issues to Optical Service Director
- Maintain optical practice management system; work with administration to ensure integrity of data matches, NEEI system practice management system
- Ensure all cash and sales are entered and processed via NEEI practice management system, Balance sales and cash for end of day and end of month
- May maintain petty cash
- Ensure orders are received and invoices are reconciled and processed for payment in a timely way to receive any possible credits from vendors for prompt payment
- Ensure accurate patient records, following all established policies and procedures.
- May participate in meetings as needed
- Demonstrate a commitment to maintain effective communication with staff and customers to facilitate and promote effective working relationships and customer service
- Demonstrate a commitment to maintain work practices that comply with established New England Eye Institute policy and procedures
- Demonstrate a commitment to promote a safe environment for patients, visitors and peers
- Demonstrate a commitment to maintain competencies and participate in those activities that contribute to the on-going development of self and others
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner
- Adhere to existing program/policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Licensed Dispensing Optician in Massachusetts, preferred
- Proven track record with customer service, organizational skills, in dispensary setting
- Computer experience and familiarity with Windows 2000, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Good computer skills, particularly Excel; will train on specialized clinical software program
- Willing to visit outreach sites regularly
- Thoughtful, proactive and eager to provide continuous improvement of services to patients
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
- Must possess sight/hearing/speech sense, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, talk, listen and write
- Must be capable of lifting 20 pounds, bending, stooping, reaching, sitting, climbing, and standing for extended periods of time
The College offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply, send cover letter and resume to HRDepartment@neco.edu.
The College is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
For more information about employment, visit Employment Opportunities.