Patient Care Coordinator (Per Diem), NECO Center for Eye Care
We are seeking a flexible, talented per-diem Patient Care Coordinator to work primarily Saturdays in our eye clinic. We are looking for a caring individual with excellent customer service skills and exceptional attention to detail to work at the front desk assisting patients. This position reports to the Patient Intake Manager at the New England College of Optometry (NECO) Center for Eye Care, which is the affiliated clinical system of the New England College of Optometry, a professional graduate school in Boston’s Back Bay. This position is aailable at our clinic located at 930 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston MA 02215.
Following proper protocols, the Patient Care Coordinator will perform the following essential duties:
- Answer incoming telephone calls, greet and check in/check out patients in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
- Schedule patients, obtain insurance information, collect insurance copays or self-pay balances
- Review billing to ensure that appropriate procedures and diagnosis codes have been designated by provider
- Maintain patient records: organize paperwork, ensure reviewed charts are filed correctly
- Update provider schedule and pull charts for scheduled patients for the next day
- Respond to staff doctor needs before, during, and after patient exam
- Direct patients to optical shop
- Other duties as required
- 0-2 years of customer service experience in a fast-paced operations-oriented setting
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent keyboarding and data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Knowledge of Google Mail and Microsoft software application
This position is per diem and is not benefits eligible. The schedule will be dependent on clinic needs, but this person must be able to work Saturdays.
The College offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
The College is an Equal Opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: HRdepartment@neco.edu